Sometimes it's just about shifting our focus off of what's going on around us, in us, or even to us - and getting it back on Him. Life can be so distracting at times. For me - I've been on overload for a few weeks, hence my absence, but I'm working my way back to focusing on Him and not on all the craziness of caregiving.
As I read through Psalm 16 this morning there were several things that popped out to me. Things that the psalmist said that reminded me of having "no good besides You." Like:
- the Lord is my inheritance (v.5)
- He is my "cup of blessing"
- He guards what is mine
- He guides me (v.7)
- At night - He instructs me
- He is always with me (v.8)
- He is beside me - so I won't be shaken
- He shows me the way of life (v11)
- He grants me the joy of His presence