I have recently discovered that I say a lot of things and expect people to read between the lines. You may do it too whether you realize it or not. As caregivers, it can be difficult to find the words for our emotions. We can't always adequately describe our situations with words. And even if we can, there are many things we deal with daily that are taboo topics. Or, of course, we don't deal with some topics as we want our loved ones to have some dignity. So we speak in riddles and only those who really know - fully understand.
What we really mean.
I was thinking about this a lot yesterday and here are a few examples that I came up with, maybe you've got a few of your own.
- I need to get out more. - Really means I am so lonely.
- Wanna come over for a cup of coffee? - Means I am at the end of my rope. I feel neglected, alone, and I need a friend.
- I am eating myself out of house and home lol - Really means - I'm experiencing emotional eating and I don't know how to stop.
- It could be worse. - Really means I don't know how I'm going to make it.
- I'm a hot mess. lol - Really means I'm at the end of my emotions and I really need God to help me get it all together.
- God will provide.
- He's got me!
- God will make a way.